Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4962 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Tomorrow is the day"

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Sat 26-May-12 02:48 PM

I am finding the D4 AF kills coming from a D300 / D700 - let us know if you feel likewise.
I have this subjective impression that I just wave the D4 in the general direction of my subject and wham bam every photo is in perfect focus!

I sold my D300 this week. Bit of a fire-sale ($550) but with 72K actuations it was necessary to get below the low actuation models for sale locally to get any offers. I started the sale off asking $675 so I'm OK with that. Had to make some room in my bag for the D4 as I had too many cameras and the D300 wasn't going to get brought along.

With all these D600 rumors, I think I'll dump the D700 too. I don't like keeping equipment around for limited purpose especially if the market price might drop.

Anyhow the D4 is causing major disruption to my kit! This is particularly because I am finding it to be a very versatile camera, useful even in situations where I didn't expect it to be (birding).

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

A general, generic topic Tomorrow is the day [View all] , PaulOcchialini , Tue 22-May-12 09:22 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Tomorrow is the day