Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Slow write speed with CF card??

M_Jackson

Jackson, US
747 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Slow write speed with CF card??"

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005
Tue 22-May-12 05:08 AM

From what I've read, the new XQD card is faster than every CF card except the new UDMA 7 compliant Lexar 1000x CF cards. Short of the 1000x card, it seems to make sense to set the XQD card as the first card.

There are two questions that come to mind here. First, what is the speed of you CF card? 300x...600x?

The second obvious question is whether you tried another CF card? Did you try it again in your D700 to make sure it is still working correctly?

I filled the 32 gig XQD card the other day and it moved to a 600x Sandisk CF card. I didn't really notice any slow down at the time, but replaced the full XQD with an empty one soon afterwards.

30 seconds is way too long, so it sounds like you have a faulty CF card or an old, slow one.

Good luck,

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Slow write speed with CF card?? [View all] , periopnurse , Mon 21-May-12 11:27 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Slow write speed with CF card??
Reply message RE: Slow write speed with CF card??