Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Getting a D4 What have I missed?

PerroneFord

Tallahassee, US
2807 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Getting a D4 What have I missed?"

PerroneFord Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2011
Sat 19-May-12 08:53 AM

What have you missed? Everything.

When you put the D4 in your hands, it will feel familiar. The proportions will be similar, the controls will be similar for the most part with a few changes. But once you turn it on, it's a totally different beast.

You will no longer be waiting on the camera. It will be waiting on you. It will do everything MUCH faster than you are used to. It will focus faster than you will be prepared for. It will fire faster than you are going to be ready for. You will be able to shoot in conditions that would have had you leaving the D2x at home or in the bag.

The D2x was Nikon's last "catch up to Canon" pro camera. With the D3 Nikon surpassed Canon in nearly every way. And with the D4, that gap has widened, though Canon's new flagship is yet to arrive to the public.

In short, be prepared to be simply blown away. I thought quite hard about buying a D4, but decided it didn't give me enough reason to leave my D3s. I also have a D2x that I shoot from time to time and it's like stepping back in history.

What have I missed? What feature on the D4
>will impress or surprise me the most vs. my D2x.
>Steve H.
>

------
Webpage: http://www.ptfphoto.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Getting a D4 What have I missed? [View all] , SteveH , Sat 19-May-12 04:22 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Getting a D4 What have I missed?
Reply message RE: Getting a D4 What have I missed?