Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Lexar 1000x UDMA 7 Cards

M_Jackson

Jackson, US
747 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Lexar 1000x UDMA 7 Cards"

M_Jackson Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005
Fri 18-May-12 01:30 AM

Hi Colin,
I already have a USB 3 CF card reader and a USB 3 XQD card reader. The new 1000x UDMA 7 card needs a UDMA 7 compliant CF reader (it is also USB 3). The D800 is UDMA 7 compliant along with the D4 and hopefully the D400. If so, it seems the best long term option would be UDMA 7 compliant CF cards.

After making the post, I checked B&H and the UDMA 7 32 gig cards were about $20 more than a 32 gig XQD card. Lexar also makes the UDMA 7 1000x cards in 16, 32, 64 and 128 gigs already. Now that I see the D800 is compatible with the new card, I'd hope all upcoming pro bodies will work with it. As far as I know, the Sony XQD cards are still limited to a maximum of 32 gigs.

I have a couple of D300 bodies, so I was curious if I could still use a UDMA 7 card in them even if they didn't take full advantage of the speed. Maybe someone here has a card and a D300 to try it out.

M. jackson

M. Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Blog: www.bestofthetetons.com
Web Site: www.tetonimages.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Lexar 1000x UDMA 7 Cards [View all] , M_Jackson Silver Member , Thu 17-May-12 12:53 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Lexar 1000x UDMA 7 Cards
Reply message RE: Lexar 1000x UDMA 7 Cards