Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Question about memory cards..

AlanC

UK
2700 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Question about memory cards.."

AlanC Basic Member
Mon 08-Jul-02 06:21 PM

Victor has answered the Type I/II point comprehensively. The form factor of the card will have no effect on your images. And Type I cards are certainly not being phased out - quite the reverse: manufacturers are introducing increasing capacities in this format since not all cameras (and other devices) accept Type II.

On the card reader issue, hogwash again, I'm afraid. You're no more likely to damage anything by inserting and removing the CF card than you are connecting and removing the USB lead to transfer images directly from the camera. The only issue is if you use Microdrives: if so then get a reader with an eject button rather than the type where you just pull the card out since the microdrive, being a disk drive, is more fragile.

Alan.

A general, generic topic Question about memory cards.. [View all] , Lee Anne , Mon 08-Jul-02 03:25 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Question about memory cards..
Reply message Thanks Victor and Alan for the info!
Reply message RE: Thanks Victor and Alan for the info!