Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New D4 owner - need help with WT5 setup and function

michaelted

US
50 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: New D4 owner - need help with WT5 setup and function"

michaelted Registered since 29th Mar 2012
Sun 20-May-12 05:38 AM

Hi,
I couldn't figure out how to reply to your private message so I will do what I can for you in this thread. Having trouble with my previous D4 and networking issues, I became a master of the WT-5. What is your trouble? From what I see from your post, it looks like you are unable to tether. LR does not support D4 tethering yet. You can only do it in Camera Control 2. Disregard the message about the USB settings as yours surely is setup properly. The D4 is not recognized as a simple "storage device" by any computer. The images must be extracted through a program or extracted through a card reader. There is kind of a workaround for the tethering issue in LR. That is to setup a FTP server and have LR monitor the folder which your images are uploaded via the FTP server. If there is anything else you would like to know about your rig, just reply here and I'll monitor the thread.

A general, generic topic New D4 owner - need help with WT5 setup and function [View all] , JimAxelson Gold Member , Tue 15-May-12 03:54 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New D4 owner - need help with WT5 setup and functio...