Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New D4 owner - need help with WT5 setup and function

JimAxelson

Aldergrove, CA
34 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"New D4 owner - need help with WT5 setup and function"

JimAxelson Gold Member Nikonian since 24th Aug 2009
Tue 15-May-12 05:54 PM

Hi

I am more than a bit embarrassed to be asking such a trivial question but I will have to get over that if I am to learn how to use this camera in a wireless tethered format. I would like to
ask if anyone has had experience setting up the wireless WT5 on a new Mac computer. There is a reference to the USB connection on the D4 and MTP/PTP. It is stated in a pop-up from the wireless transmitter utility that one is to set the camera's USB option to MTP/PTP.
For the life of me I have not been able to find reference to the MTP/PTP anywhere in the accompanying paper work that came with the camera and also I cannot find reference to the USB connection in the various D4 menus. I have torn out just about all of the few remaining hairs on my bald head trying to sort this out. I desperately need help.

Thank you to anyone how offers a suggestion on this matter. Also, can anyone recommend
a good reference outside Nikon that would help me sort out the WT5 setup. I am really confused by it all.

Thanks!!
Sincerely,

Dr.Jim Axelson
Aldergrove, BC,
Canada

A general, generic topic New D4 owner - need help with WT5 setup and function [View all] , JimAxelson Gold Member , Tue 15-May-12 03:54 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New D4 owner - need help with WT5 setup and functio...