Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
David D Busch

US
178 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D4 accessories?"

David D Busch Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Nov 2011
Mon 09-Apr-12 05:48 AM

>Does anyone know if there is a screen protector available
>yet? Or will this body accept one?
>
>And how about a spare battery...EN-EL18(I believe) Any ideas
>on cost and availability?
>
>Thanks.
>Does anyone know if there is a screen protector available
>yet? Or will this body accept one?
>
>And how about a spare battery...EN-EL18(I believe) Any ideas
>on cost and availability?
>
>Thanks.

I used the GGS protector on my D3, D3s, and D3x. I'm still waiting for them or Giottos to offer a 3.2-inch version. So far, no luck, not even from Roxsen. With at least four pro cameras now sporting 3.2-inch screens we shouldn't have long to wait, at least for a generic version that's the right size. Until then, I've been using a WriteRight skin. One for the 5D Mark III might also work:

http://xoskins.com/canon-5d-mark-iii-screen-protector

I'd sure like a spare battery, too. When I had the D3s and D3x, I rarely used both on the same shoot, so I always had at least one spare. With the reduced capacity of the D4's battery, an extra becomes more essential. B&H is accepting more pre-orders and says it has released in limited quantity some of them at $169.00. Seems to be the same deal at Adorama, which you have probably already checked, like me.

A general, generic topic D4 accessories? [View all] , keith5523 , Mon 09-Apr-12 02:15 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D4 accessories?