Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Major issue with my D2X

Ruray

UK
12 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Major issue with my D2X"

Ruray Registered since 07th Apr 2012
Sat 07-Apr-12 05:58 PM

Hello Nikonians

The message below is similar to the introductory one I wrote last night so apologies if you're reading it a second time. I thought this forum a better place for it.

Unfortunately I arrived here last night after my D2X stopped working, after desperately googling to find a solution.

I was about to transfer the day's photographs to the PC when the camera was disconnected without having been ejected first. It now has no signs of life - the screen is completely blank. If anyone's got any suggestions I'd be tremendously grateful.

The battery was about 80% charged when it happened and I've since fully charged it and tried again. A message appeared on the screen after the USB connector got knocked saying that the transfer was interrupted, did I want to continue (or similar) and I don't know why but I unplugged it instead of clicking yes, as the PC had obviously recognised a momentary interruption. I'm kicking myself so hard about it now!

I've had the camera only a month, having bought it second-hand and fully serviced from a pro-retailer here in London. It's not under warranty, and I suspect that even if it was any damage caused would not be covered.

I guess the best thing is to go back to the dealer I bought it from and get a quote for repair, (if that's possible) but thought I'd ask here first.

Many thanks if you can help.
Rachael.

A topic tagged as in need of help Major issue with my D2X [View all] , Ruray , Sat 07-Apr-12 03:58 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Major issue with my D2X