K.J., Great analysis. Your post has helped me decide to hold off on a D4. I love my D3s and cannot justify the few D4 "improvements" for that price. I think I will spend the next 2+/- years mastering my D800 (if it ever gets here.) When the time comes maybe the D4s will be to the D4 what the D3s was to the D3. If that happens, I will bite the bullet even though it may well be a $7k body by then.