Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Best tripod/head combination for digital/35mm work

spacer

DE
1690 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: The Bogen under my D1"

spacer Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic Member
Tue 02-Jul-02 05:12 PM

I also use the 410 (3275) Bogen Manfrotto head. Very solid head, the camera doesnt move at all once you select a position. Excellent head for landscape, close-ups, architecture. No panning possible. I use it in connection with a Gitzo Explorer (carbon fiber) tripod.

Only at slow shutter speeds I'm having a problem with camera shake in connection with the Nikon 80-400 at the long focal lenght setting. Down to 1/60 everything is fine. At 1/25 and 1/8 the picture gets blurred. The shaking (which is actually visible when looking through the viewfinder after triggering the shutter) seems to be a result of the mirror bounce.

So far I have not been able to figure out what is vibrating. The head appears to be rock solid. The tripod seems to be sturdy too. I almost believe it might be the tripod collar.

Have a nice day

Andreas

Andreas

Learn more about me and the Nikonians team on ourTeam Page.

A general, generic topic Best tripod/head combination for digital/35mm work [View all] , thompson1600 , Tue 02-Jul-02 03:04 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Best tripod/head combination for digital/35mm work
Reply message The Bogen under my D1
     Reply message RE: The Bogen under my D1