Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
akmartinez1

San Francisco, US
629 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: D4 L bracket"

akmartinez1 Registered since 12th Jan 2005
Tue 26-Jun-12 11:59 PM

I received my Kirk L-Bracket for the D4 a couple of weeks ago and I like it.

When using the vertical grip with the bracket attached the grip profile is not so large that it feels bulky in my hands. I had purchased L-Brackets for my D200 a few years back. One for the camera body alone, and one for use with the MB battery pack attached. On the D200, using the vertical grip the bracket profile is almost double what it is on the D4 and making it feel bulky in my hands. Though it never really felt like I was not able to hold it firmly it just felt bulky. I’m very glad that it doesn’t feel that way on the D4. I’m not sure if they re-machined their L-Brackets for the D200’s or other cameras but if they did and it feels like this then they very much improved their product in that aspect.

The site and product literature say that the side ports for the USB, HDMI, and other cables are easily accessible and I don’t find that to be totally true. With the bracket attached it was hard for me to open the rubber doors to the ports without either loosening the bracket and sliding a bit to get to the doors, or to use a bladed object like a small flathead screwdriver to pry the rubber doors open past the bracket part way. But because I currently don’t access these ports much at the moment I’m not overly concerned with this obstacle.

The bracket feels well made, solid one piece, cleanly shaped and anodized and I recommend that it be given some thought if anyone is looking for an L-Bracket…

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D4 L bracket [View all] , PeterBeckett Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Tue 17-Jan-12 08:29 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D4 L bracket