Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Printing from D1H files

AlanC

UK
2700 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Printing from D1H files"

AlanC Basic Member
Wed 26-Jun-02 06:19 PM

>If you look very closely, it's a little soft, but from a normal
>viewing distance it looks great.

See if you have the same problem I do with these large prints: people look at them from a proper viewing distance, say "Nice photo!" or some variation thereof, and go to inspect it up close where they can see it isn't as sharp as it could be...

That said, it's amazing that we can get anything like an acceptable result at that sort of size from the D1's 2.75 MPixels since it equates to about 115 dpi, and 300 dpi is the usual figure for being considered photorealistic.

>I used QImage Pro

Have you tried using the Lanczos interpolation to resize your images? To my eyes it does as good a job as Genuine Fractals, and QImage is one heck of a lot cheaper. It's also my favourite NEF converter by far.

Alan.

A general, generic topic Printing from D1H files [View all] , Gerald H Ling , Mon 24-Jun-02 01:05 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Printing from D1H files