Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Printing from D1H files

vfnewman

Forest, US
4325 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Printing from D1H files"

vfnewman Awarded for his multiple contributions to Resources Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Basic Member
Wed 26-Jun-02 12:53 AM

I just finished printing a shot from my D1 on an Epson 1270 on "Super B" paper (13" x 19", so the printed area is a little smaller). I was really pleased with the results. If you look very closely, it's a little soft, but from a normal viewing distance it looks great.

I used QImage Pro, which is found at http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/ . QImage will get the most out of your printer, and it only costs $35. There is a trial version you can download. ( I have no association with the creator of QImage. I'm just a happy user).

I also think it's important to sharpen the file properly before printing. I used Nik Sharpener Home Edition, which can be found at:
http://www.nikmultimedia.com/usa/products/sharpenerpro/home/home.shtml
At $79 I'm not sure it's worth the money. It works, but I think one could do the same with Photoshop, but you'd have to spend more time working on it to get good results.

Victor Newman

My Nikonians Gallery

www.nikonians.org - Worldwide Home for Nikon Photographers

A general, generic topic Printing from D1H files [View all] , Gerald H Ling , Mon 24-Jun-02 01:05 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Printing from D1H files