Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wishing well/Crystal ball time???

lordnikon

Frederick, US
5996 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Wishing well/Crystal ball time???"

lordnikon Registered since 18th Feb 2002
Wed 19-Jun-02 06:08 PM

Well, I'm stil waiting for the D55/ D65 the Nikon rep was promising me last year I think the D100 will make DSLRs more a reality for a lot of users who otherwise would not want to invest in the cost of the D1* series, or those who really do not need a pro body as such. Realistically, the only thing I really ask for is that it is affordable for the average Joe. Yes, I stil lwant a D1* sereis camera cause I am rough and hard on my equipment, hence why I got the F4 and wold like to have an F5, or a future F6, but I'd settle for any DSLR that would allow me to use my Nikkors, manual control of my f/stop, and shutter. As long as I ca ncontrol my aperture and shutter, and use my Nikkors, I'd be happy with anything Nikon releases. Shame it is unlikely there will ever be a DSLR that lets me run the apperture through the apperture ring, sigh someday the G will be the future too I guess, oh well. I think we concentrate on thetech so much now that we forget the basics of all we really need. This is why I went back to the traditional control and hence why I own an F4, N6006, and N2020, to try and gt away from the techno-wizzardry. Though N6006 does point me that way a bit.

Aaron J. Heiner
Team Coast Guard Photographer
US Department of Homeland Security

A general, generic topic Wishing well/Crystal ball time??? [View all] , mwagner1 Awarded for his contributions to the Resources , Tue 18-Jun-02 01:13 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Wishing well/Crystal ball time???