Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wishing well/Crystal ball time???

AlanC

UK
2700 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Wishing well/Crystal ball time???"

AlanC Basic Member
Tue 18-Jun-02 08:59 PM

>I would not rejoice in just a simple increase in pixel
>size....

I would. My only real complaint with my D1 is that I can't print as large as I'd like to. 2.75 MPixels isn't enough for 13"x19" prints but 10-12 MPixels would do very nicely.

>I want to see speed increase as well...and that includes
>faster speeds to write the data to the card....

Agreed. Double the resolution of the D1x and the performance of the D1h would be perfect - but actually producing a camera that could process a 12MPixel image in 0.2 of a second would be quite an achievement. Canon's EOS 1d - the current speed champ - manages 8fps with a 4MPixel resolution, apparently by using two processors running concurrently, each of which processes half the image.

>Also, I want it based on the feel of the F5...despite the
>weight of the F5, I love the way the camera feels in my
>hands...

Hmmm, the D1 is sort of half F100 and half F5 - for example it shares the F5's 3D colour matrix metering and autofocus systems. The major things you loose from the F5 are the removable finder and the mirror lock-up - neither of which are a big deal to me, personally, although judging by the number of people who'd like to see a mirror lock up I'm pretty unique in that respect.

>If the new D2 is built on a lower end body

Not too much chance of that, I think. It will be Nikon's new pro camera.

Alan.

P.S. We're forgetting one important bit: it should cost less than the D1x!

A general, generic topic Wishing well/Crystal ball time??? [View all] , mwagner1 Awarded for his contributions to the Resources , Tue 18-Jun-02 01:13 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Wishing well/Crystal ball time???