Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
pforsell

Pori, FI
690 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Who uses a D1x?"

pforsell Basic Member
Fri 03-Aug-12 06:37 PM

Shoot a picture, bring the picture on the display and scroll the data pages. On one of the capture data pages the firmware version is listed. If the firmware is 1.01 or 1.10 the you don't have the buffer upgrade. If the firmware is 5.xx then you do.

By the way, if you don't have the buffer and have the older 1.01 FW, I recommend having it upgraded by Nikon. It is worth it for the increased write speed alone. I got it done by Nikon Finland free of charge, I only had to pay the postage a month ago when I got mine.

I think I am a bit Luddite... I also have a D2x, a D3x and a D40x... there's a pattern.

Waiting for D4x.

A topic tagged as having a question Who uses a D1x? [View all] , ZoneV Silver Member , Fri 07-Aug-09 01:28 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Who uses a D1x?