Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D1 original, still worth buying?

vfnewman

Forest, US
4325 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D1 original, still worth buying?"

vfnewman Awarded for his multiple contributions to Resources Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Basic Member
Wed 19-Jun-02 01:17 PM

I have to say that the D1, D1X, D1H and D100 are all different tools for different users. Of all four, I personally think the D1 and D1H are the closest to each other. The image size is the same and the AF sensor is the same (CAM1300). The big difference is that the D1H is supposed to have less noise, shoots just slightly faster (5 fps vs. 4.5 fps) and has a much bigger buffer (40 frames vs 21). The D1H (and X, and presumably D100) incorporate some user interface improvements too.

The D1H was also $2000 more than what I paid for my D1. I didn't think the D1H offered enough for me to justify the price.

This is one of those cases where the individual must weigh all the factors and decide for himself.

Victor Newman

My Nikonians Gallery

www.nikonians.org - Worldwide Home for Nikon Photographers

A topic tagged as having a question D1 original, still worth buying? [View all] , lordnikon , Sat 15-Jun-02 08:51 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D1 original, still worth buying?