Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D1 original, still worth buying?

jnscbl

US
3601 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D1 original, still worth buying?"

jnscbl Basic Member
Sat 15-Jun-02 05:05 PM

That term "obsolete" is often used when speaking of digital cameras, but what does it really mean? Obsolete does NOT mean that there is a new and improved product on the market. A D1 can still produce a photograph that most of the people who look at it would never even consider what camera produced it. (can anyone read that convoluted sentence?) A 486 would choke on software that was sold just a couple of product cycles down the line. Obsolescence usually comes about suddenly, more or less. CD's were introduced in 1982, but cassettes are still going strong, because of the ease of copying at home. But the rapid deployment of CD burners as a standard item in PC's is finally going to be the cause of their demise. And since tapes wear out with use, they are truly headed for obsolescence, along with the recorders that produced them.
-scott

--scott

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
Pablo Picasso

A topic tagged as having a question D1 original, still worth buying? [View all] , lordnikon , Sat 15-Jun-02 08:51 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D1 original, still worth buying?