Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D1x MH-16 battery charger question, need your help plea...

DaveWooster

Topeka, US
14 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D1x MH-16 battery charger question, need your help please"

DaveWooster Registered since 10th Nov 2012
Mon 18-Feb-13 12:31 AM | edited Mon 18-Feb-13 01:12 AM by DaveWooster

The way I read this thread, the cords to the MH-16 charger can be rated anywhere from 7 amperes to 10 amps and still run cool enough to not be damaged while charging. (I agree that the 10 amp ones provide extra safety margin.)

I agree that heating of the cord is what you need to be aware of. (Feeling both ends of the AC cord at the end of the charge, before unplugging things, should be enough precaution. And do not locate a powered charger or its cords next to a flammable material such as cloth.)

For what it is worth, the label on my MH-16 charger reads, Input: 100-240V, 0.4A. That is less than one amp. (So it appears that any cord mentioned here is more than adequate for a working charger, but a defective charger could heat up the cord to the point where its black stuff begins to melt and become dangerous. I doubt if a defective battery is likely to do the same.)

Finally, my tested, working MH-16 charger is for sale here in Kansas, USA. I'll make its AC cord optional if you already have one and will include a copy of the MH-16 manual. $39 anyone? (Free photos available on request from DaveWooster at hotmail dot com )

A general, generic topic D1x MH-16 battery charger question, need your help plea... [View all] , markscamera , Tue 23-Sep-08 08:02 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D1x MH-16 battery charger question, need your help ...