Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Shooting wide open with Digital

BJNicholls

Salt Lake City, US
10095 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Shooting wide open with Digital"

BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources Charter Member
Fri 31-May-02 09:09 PM

Of course this is only a concept for consideration with a digital SLR body since digital cameras with built-in lenses have lenses designed to cover a smaller area. Cropping out the edges of a poor performing lens may be a nice thing for some people, but for a good lens there would be no benefit.

Whatever good you might find in using only the "sweet spot" of a lens, I find the drawbacks much more problematic. The D100 would take my superwide 18-35 zoom and cut the wide perspective down to a puny 28mm equivalent. I'd rather have the full field of view with whatever edge softness that may imply rather than lose the characteristics of an expensive lens. I look forward a couple of generations to full frame digital SLR bodies that offer all the flexibility that the 35mm lens systems have to offer.

BJ

BJ

Zenfolio gallery

A general, generic topic Shooting wide open with Digital [View all] , michaeladawson , Fri 17-May-02 02:50 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Shooting wide open with Digital