Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

DPReview: New Pre-production images- Sweeeeet!

fotabug

8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: DPReview: New Pre-production images- Sweeeeet!"

fotabug Registered since 01st Mar 2007
Tue 21-May-02 02:34 AM

I have appreciated the thoughts expressed here for quite a while now, and have even printed out helpful tips on the D1x, which I have had since Sep. It is a great camera. This forum and others I follow are evidence of the large following of the D1/x/h. When I see a comment like the following, it gets my dander up --------
=============
"This paper needs to go digital and soon. I want to but I have used the D1X and other dit bodies and find that poor old Nikon is still behind the curve with even the amatuer featured D100 in the wake. The D1X was farily good when I used it in Australia for the goodwill games and on a job in London a few weeks ago.
All my pro friends here in Aspen that have used Nikon have given up on them and switched to Canon for two reasons. (1) The new EOS 1D is far better than any model nikon produces. After taking it for a test spin....I have to agree."
==============
It is evident that this is not a user, speaking from experience. He probably just tried one out. Like any piece of professional equipment, one needs to get very familiar with the D1x. To find out from those who have used them a while you should go to Moose Pederson, Thom Hogan, Rob Miracle and other professionals who have used them in the worst conditions. Nikon behind the curve? All his pro friends have given up on them? How many? Who are they? Etc. I like facts not just wild comments. I can share my experiences if you like. And the D100 does sound nice. I would like one as a second body, but it isn't intended to be of the quality of the D1x or replace it. One is a pro camera and the other is a consumer camera. They should sell a ton of them.

Just my two cents,

Vern

A topic tagged as news DPReview: New Pre-production images- Sweeeeet! [View all] , f8Bethere , Wed 15-May-02 08:10 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: DPReview: New Pre-production images- Sweeeeet!