Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

DPReview: New Pre-production images- Sweeeeet!

spacer

DE
1690 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: DPReview: New Pre-production images- Sweeeeet!"

spacer Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic Member
Thu 16-May-02 02:57 PM

I'm not convinced either. But there's definitely a an improvement compared to the sample pics mentioned in a thread earlier
https://www.nikonians.org/dcforum/DCForumID71/102.html

Although in that thread the D60 beats the Nikons, the D60 pics themselves lack some of the digital clean appearance I have seen in previous D60 pics.

I assume it takes a lot of practice to get the optimum results from each camera. Therefore and because of the signs of improvement I'm looking forward to see a shoot-out between real production models.

So far I would say the D100 produces softer results (with reminiscence of a high quality scan). It has probably the most neutral color balance. Unfortunately for me, because I mainly shoot Velvia and the D60 produces richer colors. I'm hoping Nikon will be able to do something about the greens.

Apart from the D100 performance, the test gives a first look at the quality of the new 24-85AFS. I think Nikon produced a winner. Just wish they would have included VR.

Have a nice day

Andreas

Andreas

Learn more about me and the Nikonians team on ourTeam Page.

A topic tagged as news DPReview: New Pre-production images- Sweeeeet! [View all] , f8Bethere , Wed 15-May-02 08:10 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: DPReview: New Pre-production images- Sweeeeet!