Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
stevelew47

Edmonds, US
51 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: shutter lag ???"

stevelew47 Basic Member
Thu 16-May-02 02:44 AM

There is a shutter lag with the D1X. It's only a fraction of a second, but it's enough to cause the subject to blink or move. Maybe it's the time for the camera to turn on from standby and to fire the shutter. The F100 fires immediately. The D1X is still a great camera but the pause before firing is enough to cause you to miss a shot.

I used the camera for the first time today, taking portraits of 30 lawyers. Usually the first shot didn't count because of the delay, but the next 3-4 shots were fine. Fun to use and you can see the results immediately. The 192meg card gave me about 70 shots even though it said I only had 59 shots at the start.

A general, generic topic shutter lag ??? [View all] , raymond , Tue 14-May-02 05:10 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: shutter lag ???