Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Infrared and Nikon D100

BodhiF

Aptos, US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Infrared and Nikon D100"

BodhiF Registered since 28th Feb 2002
Fri 03-May-02 03:19 PM

Thanks for asking the question. I've been "lurking" in Nikonians for several months, reading the forums and whatnot and was just about to raise my voice and ask the same thing. I dipped my toes in the digital world by buying an inexpensive - ok, expensive at the time, Coolpix 800 to see if shooting digital worked for me. The deciding factor in favor of the 800 was the lack of an IR blocking filter. BW and especially IR has always been a passion for me but with the hassle of film loading and processing...well, digital is a godsend. I'm eagerly anticipating completing the move to fully digital by buying a D100 and putting the F3's into storage but first:

Does anybody know, or know where I can find, the wavelength sensitivity of the CCD used in the D100?

What type of blocking filters, if any, are in the D100?

Thanks for all the stuff I've already learned from this forum and for any help anyone can give me on these questions.

Bodhi

A general, generic topic Infrared and Nikon D100 [View all] , markalan , Wed 01-May-02 04:24 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Infrared and Nikon D100