Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Best guess es re Nikon D2

AlanC

UK
2700 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Best guess es re Nikon D2"

AlanC Basic Member
Sat 06-Apr-02 05:22 PM

I'd expect another update to the D1 series body rather than a complete new camera: the body itself is a fine design, and the revisions made for the D1x/h got rid of virtually all the complaints about the original D1.

In terms of spec, I'd expect a higher resolution in the 8-10 MPixel range and a higher frame rate to challenge Canon's EOS-1D. We might well see two cameras again: a direct challenger for the 1D with a 4-5 MPixel resolution and an 8 fps frame rate - aimed at the photojournalist market, and an 8-10 MPixel version with a lower frame rate - for the rest of us.

When? Well the D1x/h have been around for just over a year now, so I wouldn't expect to see the new camera(s) before 2003. Cost? The D1x actually came out at a slightly lower price than the D1 when it was announced, so I'd hope that trend will continue.

Alan.

A general, generic topic Best guess es re Nikon D2 [View all] , rickruss7 , Sat 06-Apr-02 12:07 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Best guess es re Nikon D2