Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Best guess es re Nikon D2

Jim Smith

US
173 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Best guess es re Nikon D2"

Jim Smith Registered since 15th Mar 2002
Sat 06-Apr-02 04:33 AM

One thing I hate about my D1 is that it weights about a ton. It is SOOO big that it actually gets in the way. Hard to even carry. I was planning to move up to a D1x but I want to see the D100. Seriously, what difference can there be between the two cameras besides their size? OK, if I was in Afghanistan maybe I would insist on the D1x. But realistically, I rarely shoot professionally (some portrait work now and then). A smaller lighter camera would be more my style.

And truthfully, the D1 has so many esoteric features, I always carry the camera manual with me. Even after two years I still do not remember what all the various switches and knobs do, let alone all the custom setting in the back window! (Oh that's right, custom setting 7 needs to be set to 1 so that the auto exposure locks when the shutter button is pressed half way down - otherwise you have to press the AE-L/AF-L button) Wow that's easy to remember --NOT!

For what it is worth!

A general, generic topic Best guess es re Nikon D2 [View all] , rickruss7 , Sat 06-Apr-02 12:07 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Best guess es re Nikon D2