Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Kntfst

SF Bay area, US
84 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D1X or D100"

Kntfst Basic Member
Fri 15-Mar-02 01:05 PM

Hello
Digital has some extra cost over that of the camera. Like software, extra batteries, Printer and CF memory. Already knew that with the 3 Mp camera. I think difference between the D100 and D1x will be camera material. D1x is built with quality materials. Built to take commercial use. Its also big and heavy. If the D1x cost more then the D100 it will be mainly cause its built tougher not that it's more high tech.
The D100 by its specs sounds very high tech equaling D1x preformance in many of the important catagories. Adding a few of it's own, like Audio notes to pictures. It's lightweight and compact in comparison to the D1x. It maybe this is most important technological advance, size and weight. In careful use, the D100 would last long time.
Needs a actual working review of a D100. Canaon D30 is very popular, even with introduction of the Canon EOS1D. Same sort of differences there as now with D100 and D1x. Its a matter of choice.
Using a D1, one thing is impressive. The D1 clicks and it sure felt like a picture was taken. Can't say the same with smaller in comparison DSLR or Film SLR. Spoiled now after using the D1.
Not widely discussed is D1s silent merit of being reliable. Over time and heavy use D1s just keep plugin along. I'm sure I would of went through a couple D30s by now.
regards Kntfst

A topic tagged as having a question D1X or D100 [View all] , bigjohn , Fri 15-Mar-02 06:44 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D1X or D100