Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Fuji Finepix S1 Compared to D1

jrobichaud

15 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Fuji Finepix S1 Compared to D1"

jrobichaud Registered since 14th Mar 2002
Thu 14-Mar-02 08:59 PM

I would recommend the D1 without reservation, I've produced great 10x15's from croped images with it with bibble, and bicubic image resizing (gen. fractiles works great with some subjects). The S-1 as a camera is a real POS. That being said, both the D1 and my D1X seem to have trouble with really pleasing/film like flesh tones. the S-1 seems to be better here. So many pro studio shooters swear by the S-1. I shot an S-1 a week or so ago, and maybe I'm missing something, but on highest resolution, it took 27 seconds to process between shots. Just unacceptable. If you shoot an F100 or F5 and want that speed and feel, the D1 is the way to go. If you can live with an F80, wait on the D100. best wishes.

A general, generic topic Fuji Finepix S1 Compared to D1 [View all] , crotwell , Mon 04-Mar-02 06:58 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Fuji Finepix S1 Compared to D1