Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D1X Vs Coolpix 5000

markalan

Wadsworth, US
181 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D1X Vs Coolpix 5000"

markalan Registered since 28th Feb 2002
Thu 28-Feb-02 08:51 PM

Hi all,

To simplify things a great measure...
The CCD or (cmos..who would use that?!) is that which replaces film, it's what captures the image. All else being equal the larger the film area the better right. With CCD's even of the same pixel count this is true. The larger the CCD - the less noise (as a general statement).

Yet I regress, back to the simplistics. Even if the CCD's were of the same quality does that make the camera equal?!? If so we should all stop wasting our money on Nikon SLR's and buy Fuji Discovery's! (no I'm not knocking Discovery P&S - they are great P&S's) They both will use the same 35mm film.

I always laugh at the digital marketers, all they really push is the pixels - don't get me wrong that's important and why the D100 has me drooling - but what ever happened to traditionally important things like GLASS ? Heh, heh the D100's got that too!

Hope this helps to put thing in perspective

Mark

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Nikon D1X Vs Coolpix 5000 [View all] , Rohinton_Mehta Silver Member , Fri 22-Feb-02 12:01 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D1X Vs Coolpix 5000
Reply message Don't forget shutter lag...