Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Hi-ISO/Firmware upgrade

Chippypete

UK
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Hi-ISO/Firmware upgrade"

Chippypete Registered since 16th Aug 2012
Wed 14-Nov-12 10:34 PM

I've definitely noticed a difference. I always avoided anything above ISO 400 with my D2H and consequently missed lots of shots because I knew that the results would be far too noisy but after the firmware update, I never think twice about using ISO 640, 800 or 1000 but I still avoid anything above that unless I can't get the shot any other way.
My technique has improved quite a bit recently but I still think that the firmware update has a lot to do with it even though Nikon won't openly admit that they have improved high ISO performance.

A general, generic topic Hi-ISO/Firmware upgrade [View all] , DrJay32 Gold Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions for the Resources and eZine , Wed 09-Nov-05 01:10 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Hi-ISO/Firmware upgrade