Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

17-35 AFS not for D100?

flashdeadline

Havelock, US
4110 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: 17-35 AFS not for D100?"

flashdeadline Administrator Expert professional photojournalist Awarded for his multiple contributions to the eZine, Newsletters and more Nikonian since 07th Apr 2002
Tue 08-Oct-02 08:16 AM

I hope you're mistaken on this because that's the lens I have on my shopping list for my D100 kit. Someone with a ton of background will soon weigh in with the straight scoop, but in the meantime I'm willing to guess you may be referring to Nikon's brochure on the D100 that notes some vignetting will occur using speedlight at focal length wider than 24mm at 0.8m or longer shooting distance on that particular lens.
I factored that in my calculations, planned on getting the SB-80DX, using the diffuser and keeping my widest focal length and or distance in check-- until I saw the resuts of frame number one-- (beauty of digital---sigh--can't wait)
---Tom

"Shoot everything f/16 at a 100 and let the lab boys worry about it."

---Tom

"Shoot everything f/16 at a 100 and let the lab boys worry about it."

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera."

A general, generic topic 17-35 AFS not for D100? [View all] , abcphoto , Tue 08-Oct-02 04:52 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 17-35 AFS not for D100?