Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Please excuse my ignorance ...

drjimbob

Bowie, US
15520 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"Please excuse my ignorance ..."

drjimbob Team Member Awarded In Memoriam for  sharing countless hours of his expertise no matter how simple or complex the question, and especially for his eternal good nature. Charter Member
Thu 03-Oct-02 02:31 AM

... because I've never pushed the button of a digital camera. I have a couple of silly questions.

Am I correct that a digital camer - such as the D100 - has no need for color correcting filters. I (theoretically) understand that images may need to be processed in PS, but would, for example, a digital camera be more able to handle a scene with mixed artificial light sources?

Also, that is the actual effect of the 1.5 factor. Is it the perspective of the lens that is affected, or just the image size? For example, if I need to use a 24mm lens to get a particular subject entirely in the frame from a particular spot, would a D100 "behave" as if the lens has a focal lengh of 36mm with BOTH the perspective and image size of the longer lens? I guess in effect I'm asking if the resulting looks like it was made with a 36mm lens, or would it look like an image made with a 24mm lens, but simply fill more of the frame (I guess think about slanted lines in a shot of a building)? I hope I haven't garbled my questions too much.

Thanks -

ENJOY THE DAY & CAPTURE THE MOMENT Bob T

A BAD DAY BEHIND A NIKON BEATS A GOOD DAY BEHIND A DESK - Bob Tomerlin
My Nikonians Gallery

A general, generic topic Please excuse my ignorance ... [View all] , drjimbob Team Member Awarded In Memoriam for  sharing countless hours of his expertise no matter how simple or complex the question, and especially for his eternal good nature. , Thu 03-Oct-02 12:31 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Please excuse my ignorance ...