Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Shouldn't the D1 series of Bodies have a different home...

jnscbl

US
3601 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Quick update, pictures to follow later this week"

jnscbl Basic Member
Wed 19-Dec-01 03:07 AM

It would probably be sufficient to reduce two complete images to the usual 400x600, or similar, just for a sense of scale, then extract a same-size, very small detail, one that would need no resizing, from each. This would (I think) mean the digitized film image would be a longer download, but that should be part of the test, shouldn't it?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason we do not waste time on 120 vs. 35mm comparisons is that we already know the tiny film is inferior, but we prefer the convenience of the format and the equipment?

And while we are at it, it would be nice to see some flatbed scans of two prints, one on conventional photo paper, direct from the slide, and one from a scan of that same slide, then printed on inkjet. I think there are at least a few Nikonians who have the home equipment, and also presently get, or have gotten, photographic direct-from-slide enlargements. Anyone?

I am grateful to all involved in this digicam/scanner comparison test. I have not seen mention of such a comparison anywhere else.

---scott

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=149771

--scott

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
Pablo Picasso

This is a hot, active topic! Shouldn't the D1 series of Bodies have a different home... [View all] , hilld , Wed 28-Nov-01 03:29 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Shouldn't the D1 series of Bodies have a different ...
          Reply message Ok - so who will do the Moderator Dance?
               Reply message RE: Ok - so who will do the Moderator Dance?
                         Reply message Quick update, pictures to follow later this week
                              Reply message RE: Quick update, pictures to follow later this week
                                                  Reply message Pictures are posted
                                                  Reply message New thread