Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Shouldn't the D1 series of Bodies have a different home...

AlanC

UK
2700 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Quick update, pictures to follow later this week"

AlanC Basic Member
Tue 18-Dec-01 05:39 PM

Derek,

I've been intending to post some examples of how we could do the comparison for a while now - BJ Nicholls and I swapped some files a while back with this sort of comparison in mind - but it never got done thanks to other commitments, like work...

What I'd suggest are a couple of things: first some small areas (say 320x240) at the pixel level so we can see what the basic quality of the images are like. Second, resample the scanned image to the same size as the D1x image and cut out some equivalent areas. Third, resample the D1x image to the same size as the scanned image and cut out some equivalent areas. The last two should help show whether the scan contains more detail than the digital image.

Finally you might like to process the images as you would like to see them (sharpening, levels, whatever) and do a comparison between the finished products.

Now that I'm on holiday for Christmas I'll have some time to work with my own comparisons, so hopefully I'll have something to post in the next day or so - so you could use that for some ideas.

And many thanks for taking the time to do those photos for us.

Alan.

This is a hot, active topic! Shouldn't the D1 series of Bodies have a different home... [View all] , hilld , Wed 28-Nov-01 03:29 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Shouldn't the D1 series of Bodies have a different ...
          Reply message Ok - so who will do the Moderator Dance?
               Reply message RE: Ok - so who will do the Moderator Dance?
                         Reply message Quick update, pictures to follow later this week
                              Reply message RE: Quick update, pictures to follow later this week
                                                  Reply message Pictures are posted
                                                  Reply message New thread