Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Shouldn't the D1 series of Bodies have a different home...

hilld

Tigard, US
89 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Quick update, pictures to follow later this week"

hilld Basic Member
Tue 18-Dec-01 04:21 PM

Sorry for the late update, but I have had few excuses. First I was a victim of ATT@Homeless fiasco, loosing my connection for 7 days. Dialup was used only to get email when needed. I also had some final exams for some classes I am taking at the local CC and that received top priority.

I have been to Yosemite, what a site, however, the weather didn't cooperate too much. Most of the time 99% the clouds were very low and it was snowing. Needless to say, I didn't get the quantity of pictures, but was focusing in on quality. Even though I shot in color, most of the images "look" like B&W. I would say, I have about 50% keepers. Later this week after some of my other duties (Xmas cards, wrapping presents, doing honey-do chores), I will get around to scanning some images.

That brings me to some questions?

Since the scanned images and Raw converted to Tif images from the D1X are 35 - 65 MB in size, do you simply want takeouts of the images (cutting a small section) or do you want me to make them available on a server for download. It is up to you, I host my own server, so that is not an issue, but my connection is cable modem and only allows 128kB on the upload which it would be for you to download.

Please let me know how you want to see the differences of the files. One last sidenote, due to the "crappy" weather, some of the images are of the same subject but with different lenses, I originally had the idea of setting up my tripod, take an image on film, then switch the lens to the digital, repeat the process to get a close approximation (figuring for the 1.5X multiplier), but due to the large amounts of moisture coming down from above, I scrapped that idea and took similar shots with similar focal lengths. I hope that will do for now.

Derek

I came, I saw, I took a picture

I came, I saw, I took a picture

This is a hot, active topic! Shouldn't the D1 series of Bodies have a different home... [View all] , hilld , Wed 28-Nov-01 03:29 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Shouldn't the D1 series of Bodies have a different ...
          Reply message Ok - so who will do the Moderator Dance?
               Reply message RE: Ok - so who will do the Moderator Dance?
                         Reply message Quick update, pictures to follow later this week
                              Reply message RE: Quick update, pictures to follow later this week
                                                  Reply message Pictures are posted
                                                  Reply message New thread