Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D1X vs Coolscan 4000 comparison

mythrenegade

Oak Hills, US
1848 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D1X vs Coolscan 4000 comparison"

mythrenegade Basic Member
Sun 23-Dec-01 05:24 AM

I looked at the site and appreciate your effort. Unfortunately, it wasn't very helpful because the pictures were too different. I know the weather was cold and you had some problems. My suggestion would be try it in better conditions, or inside or something of that nature. Take the time to try to get exactly the same composition (I know this is difficult due to the different size of the CCD vs. 35mm film) and then blow up a very small part of the two pictures to actual pixels.

For example, let's say you took a picture of a rack of CD's. Take a small portion of the scanned film and of the D1 file, and show them side by side. Everything should be the same size and lighting, Then you will be able to tell which is sharper, which has better color etc.

This would be tremendously helpful in seeing how far the digital camera technology has come vs. film. Remember, the slide scanner is bringing in like 22 mega pixels. As a result, you will not be at 100% on the slide scanner when you are at 100% from the D1. That's ok, the results will still be very helpful.

Again, thank you for your effort. This is a very interesting thread to me.

Joel

Nikonian in the High Desert of Southern California.

The Manzanar Project: http://www.renewingmind.com/photography/manzanar/manzanar.html

Check out my blog: http://transformingrenewal.blogspot.com

A general, generic topic D1X vs Coolscan 4000 comparison [View all] , hilld , Fri 21-Dec-01 03:48 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D1X vs Coolscan 4000 comparison