Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D1X vs Coolscan 4000 comparison

jnscbl

US
3601 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D1X vs Coolscan 4000 comparison"

jnscbl Basic Member
Sat 22-Dec-01 03:48 PM

Speaking for myself, I didn't bother to look at all after you announced the file sizes and long download times. This time I finally did look, and although the results are indeed interesting, it is quite difficult to make side by side comparisons, and your web design is confusing to navigate.

I'm assuming that the intent of your web page was to present a comparison of the two media, rather than just examples of each. To that end, a suggestion: for each 800x600 screen, show 2 pictures, tiled horizontally. And keep file sizes under 100k. That could be two full frames, resized, just so we know what scene we are looking at, followed by (scrolling vertically, not horizontally) two details, cropped but not resized, each file under 100k. That way you can announce that your webpage is easy to view, and the files are all small and download quickly.

Unfortunately, people in general are impatient and unappreciative. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

By the way, I have spent about thirty minutes making this comment as diplomatic and helpful as I possibly can. That won't change the fact that it is unsolicited criticism. I'm just being honest. Oh, and one more thing. Now that you have indicated that you are monitoring everyone's surfing habits, don't expect too many more hits.
---scott

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=149771

--scott

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
Pablo Picasso

A general, generic topic D1X vs Coolscan 4000 comparison [View all] , hilld , Fri 21-Dec-01 03:48 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D1X vs Coolscan 4000 comparison