Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
RebelPOW

Chicago Suburbs, US
65 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Film or Digital?"

RebelPOW Registered since 05th Aug 2002
Tue 24-Sep-02 08:21 PM

For me it is less of a relegion issue of film vs digital. Rather, the important thing is to capture the image in our mind as accurately as possible. And if you think about it, that is digital's biggest advantage. The ability to see instantly a preview of the image and to correct any imperfections right now, on the spot is a tremendous tool.

Then there is the issue of longevity of the image itself. Prints and negatives all deteriorate in time. With a digital image you have the ability to reprint the print in all of its orginial glory and color years, even decades later. While I know that you can photo on film and later scan to obtain this capability, why bother?

The biggest change that digital brings to the photographer, IMHO, are that it simply gives you a better tool to work with. The downside, of course, is that digital bodies will never hold their value the way that film bodies did. Once the next generation is out, the price deterioration will be severe.

A Southern Nikonian trapped in Yankeeland

My Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! Film or Digital? [View all] , dukebeau Silver Member , Tue 24-Sep-02 05:38 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Film or Digital?
Reply message It's all about workflow...