Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Weird D2H long exposure problem

aisnikkor

Highland, US
133 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Weird D2H long exposure problem"

aisnikkor Registered since 20th Dec 2003
Sun 12-Sep-04 06:26 PM

In reviewing some pictures taken recently with my D2H, I have found that I am having a weird problem during long exposures at night. It only seems to happen in exposures longer than ten seconds, and only when there are bright light sources in the frame somewhere. The problem shows itself as magenta colored 'fogging' in the lower corners of the picture, or in the right-most corners of a vertically oriented picture. I have seen the result with 3 different lenses (12-24dx, 28/2 ais and 50/1.8 ais), all with similar results. It looked like some sort of flare, so I didn't notice it at first, but I have seen it in several different shooting sessions, all under similar conditions as described above. I am not 100% certain, but I believe it has happened both with and without the long exposure noise reduction turned on.

Anybody have any issues along these lines with their D2H or other D series Nikon Body?

AiSNikkor
Tom
Highland, CA

A general, generic topic Weird D2H long exposure problem [View all] , aisnikkor , Sun 12-Sep-04 04:26 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Weird D2H long exposure problem
Reply message RE: Weird D2H long exposure problem