Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

getting the most from the least

rsprick

66 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"getting the most from the least"

rsprick Registered since 15th May 2002
Thu 19-Sep-02 12:32 PM

My D100 should arrive this afternoon. I started with the body and a spare battery. I have a couple of 64 MB CF cards so space is limited. I plan to purchase a SB50-DX and much memory, but until that time what jpg setting will give me the most bang for my MB?

I have a Coolpix 775 and after shooting the same scene in all combinations it appeared that size matters more than compression.

My needs are for webpage displays and small prints (4x6, 5x7 tops).

Should I expect NC trial to be enclosed? It wasn't mentioned specifically. If it's not there, where can I get the trial? I won't try to load it to my current PC (old, slow, tired). I want my 30 days to MATTER (tweak the NEF, load the curve). I DID get a tryout of PS Elements (30 day). It sees powerful enough for starters. If anyone has moved from Elements to PS7, what are the biggest differences?

anticipaaaaation...

A general, generic topic getting the most from the least [View all] , rsprick , Thu 19-Sep-02 10:32 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: getting the most from the least