Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
hilld

Tigard, US
89 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D1x"

hilld Basic Member
Tue 20-Nov-01 02:35 AM

LAST EDITED ON Nov-20-01 AT 04:36 AM (GMT)

Sue,

I just joined the D1X owners club last week. Unfortunately, I have been swamped at work and school to spend a lot of time with it. I feel very comfortable with the camera as I have 2 F100's, the controls are almost identical. I am shooting in RAW mode and use NC 2.01 to adjust the white balance, and EV numbers when needed. I am still learning the software, interaction between NC and NikonView 4. I have followed a lot of suggestions and am using the Ridata 512MB flash cards ($299) from http://www.shop4tech.com and love the speed of the cards. I just took some pictures the other day of my old coolpix equipment for ebay auctions and noticed that I needed to adjust the flash and camera settings about +1 stop to get good definition/colors, black camera on white background (shot with SB 28DX.) Just yesterday, Thom Hogans complete D1 guide arrived as an ebook, I just haven't had a chance to look at it. Maybe a few days after eating turkey will give me some peace and quiet to finally catch up on my required reading/learning. I am getting ready to have some of the files printed on a very high end printer ( I have a friend at HP and they have some prototype million dollar printers that can crank out 12 X 16's at the rate of 50/minute ) and am anxiously waiting for the results. Next step is to send some files to http://www.pictopia.com and see what they can come up with. I am no professional (I would categorize myself as an extremely advanced amateur) but possibly want to become one in the future.

I am looking forward to sharing experiences with you and others on this wonderful tool/toy, depending on your definition.

Derek

I came, I saw, I took a picture

I came, I saw, I took a picture

A general, generic topic Nikon D1x [View all] , kauri , Mon 12-Nov-01 08:09 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D1x