Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
daveb

San Jose, US
22 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Nikon D1x"

daveb Registered since 21st Mar 2002
Fri 22-Mar-02 02:16 PM

This could rapidly become a thread and topic of its own, feel free to tag me if you want to discuss it further and we can start a thread to really go in-depth.

I used Ofoto because I heard of them first, but after a little digging, there's a large topic of color-matching profiles, other undocumented post-processing, and quality of print things that I've heard. A quick search on Google pulled up the rec.photo FAQ pages, and the digital FAQ included a long list of digital print shops.

I converted my images to Adobe 1998 color space and then uploaded, and got great results. I later found an unofficial Ofoto color space on jetcityorange.com, which I haven't tried quite yet. I don't see it visually as all that different than the Adobe profile, but I'm not exactly a trained color scientist.

I just put in an order with Ofoto for 60 4x6s and 5 5x7s, and I'm anxious to see how well they really turn out.

daveb

------------------------
http://www.smurfless.com

A general, generic topic Nikon D1x [View all] , kauri , Mon 12-Nov-01 08:09 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D1x