Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

more dust in zoom lenses

genec57

St. Petersburg, US
219 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: more dust in zoom lenses"

genec57 Basic Member
Sat 14-Sep-02 04:08 PM

Sounds absolutely ridiculous to me. I suppose I could imagine where it could be possible for more dust to enter a zoom lens than a prime but I would have to see persuasive proof of that; but to say that more dust can then get to the CCD is a bit much.

It seems to me to be another case of the old prime lens bigots finding one more thing to attack about zoom lenses. i see a lot of bandwidth devoted to prime lens advocates screaming about low quality zooms - of which there are, no doubt, some. Interestingly, I have had the opportunity to work with several respected and talented professionals in the past two years and they ALL shoot almost exclusively with various zooms.

There, I have been wanting to let loose with that rant for some time .

A general, generic topic more dust in zoom lenses [View all] , mrdinh , Sat 14-Sep-02 01:49 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: more dust in zoom lenses