Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon Capture 3 and Driver Problems resolved

benherrmann

Fuquay Varina, US
563 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon Capture 3 and Driver Problems resolved"

benherrmann Registered since 17th Aug 2002
Fri 13-Sep-02 04:53 PM

Okay folks, it's obvious that everyone is having a hard time getting this patch. When I found out about it, the patch was still at that web site. Now I can't access it either.

However, I have it downloaded and would be willing to send it via email as an attachment. Make sure to run your virus programs because although my system is virus free, I believe in vigilance.

Regardless if the patch is official or not, someone obviously was aware of this particular problem and developed a solid solution for it. It should be an embarrassment for Nikon that it was, perhaps, a college student involved in let's say programming, to come up with a viable patch for this problem that is apparently more prevalent than we thought.

You can email me at benherrmann@earthlink.net if you are experiencing the problem that I discussed in the initial thread above, and I will email you the patch. I don't get home until the evenings, so you would have to wait until then for me to send it.

My dealings with Nikon on that Capture 3.0 problem had me spending a good 3 hours at one point, with several levels of tech support. They tried to tell me that I was having a drive letter problem - that Nikon Capture does not work with anything higher than a "G" drive. All the time I was rolling my eyeballs because I knew they were fishing for a solution. Then after all of that, they just said, there is no solution for my problem.

This patch fixes the problem...period! I don't care if it's legal or not. All I know is that after getting NO response or solution from Nikon, I found a solution that worked. If you are having this problem with your Capture 3.0 , I can send it to you.

Remember, this error problem is matter of much importance...or, as they say in the Bronx, "dis be waah ,and we gotta be vigilant Bro."

Later,

Ben

Good Shooting...

Ben

A general, generic topic Nikon Capture 3 and Driver Problems resolved [View all] , benherrmann , Thu 12-Sep-02 08:07 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon Capture 3 and Driver Problems resolved