Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

White Balance and Flash on the D100

benherrmann

Fuquay Varina, US
563 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"White Balance and Flash on the D100"

benherrmann Registered since 17th Aug 2002
Wed 11-Sep-02 09:40 PM

Bear with me folks, I know this may sound ridiculous, but here goes.

I've been reading quite a bit about recommended white balance settings, such as cloudy -3, and so on.

The question I have is that if I am shooting indoors and want to use my flash , how do I calibrate my white meter?

Do I calibrate or tune for the lighting conditions without flash
If I set it for flash, what happens to the portions of the picture area that are not covered by flash
I hope I asked this in an intelligible manner. What I've been doing is to preset whenever I can, using a gray card. I find this accurate, but now that I have to take a series of indoor flash shots, I need to know how one would go about metering in this scenario...for available light or flash?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ben Herrmann
Fuquay Varina, NC

Good Shooting...

Ben

A general, generic topic White Balance and Flash on the D100 [View all] , benherrmann , Wed 11-Sep-02 07:40 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message The simplest solution...