Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

nikon tech service on the phone

AlanC

UK
2700 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: nikon tech service on the phone"

AlanC Basic Member
Wed 04-Sep-02 02:17 PM

I'm dubious that the black line through your shots could be down to a faulty memory card, especially if it always appears in the same location. You could go some way to eliminating the memory card as a possibile cause by taking enough test shots to fill it completely and seeing if any of them show the problem.

On the battery issue, I've noticed similar behaviour from my D1 if I leave the camera turned off for a while after the battery indicator has just started to show half charge: it seems the battery can 'recover' enough to get the indicator showing full again. It's worth running about three charge / refresh cycles on a new battery to maximise its capacity, and after that doing a refresh cycle about every 10th time you recharge it.

Alan.

A general, generic topic nikon tech service on the phone [View all] , mrdinh , Wed 04-Sep-02 09:53 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: nikon tech service on the phone