Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

On the fence... a D1 or a couple AF-S lenses

krf

Gainesville, US
755 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: On the fence... a D1 or a couple AF-S lenses"

krf Silver Member Charter Member
Sun 31-Dec-00 02:44 PM

You haven't completed a profile, so I don't know what kind of shooting you do. However, as a semi-pro (I use a camera in my public relations work but don't make most of my income from photography), I would say that unless you need the immediate access to your photographs which digital cameras permit, you would would be better off with the lenses. You can always scan slides or negatives with a high quality scanner to get a good digital print, but as you and others have noted, digital technology is changing so fast that any digital camera you buy now will be worth considerably less a few months from now. About the only people I know who use high-end digital cameras in their work are photojournalists who need their images ASAP, and those cameras are supplied by their employers who can afford to upgrade as often as necessary. However, I know that a lot of advanced amateurs purchase the D-1 for their own use, so you have to ask yourself if you want to part with that much money for a body you may not be able to trade or resell for much in the future.

Kerry

Kerry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic On the fence... a D1 or a couple AF-S lenses [View all] , johnencinas , Sun 31-Dec-00 03:39 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: On the fence... a D1 or a couple AF-S lenses