Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

On the fence... a D1 or a couple AF-S lenses

johnencinas

10 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: On the fence... a D1 or a couple AF-S lenses"

johnencinas Basic Member
Tue 02-Jan-01 01:10 AM

Alan,

Very good point about the price of digital SLR dropping in price far faster than the lenses in question. I would have to say that I am about 98% convinced I should go for the lenses.

I have had the opportunity to play with the 300 F4 AF-S, and I was very pleased with it. I have noticed a good percentage of my shots are with my 80-200, so when I eventually purchase the 80-200 AF-S, I will also purchase a TC20E when cash permits. This will give me an 160-400 f5.6 which is pretty close to a 420mm f5.6. I figure spending $600 for the teleconverter is better than $1200 for another lens... not to mention the weight and physical space savings.

Thank you for your reply, it looks like I'll be ordering up some new lenses. Too bad, almost every reputable mail order company is out of stock on the 80-200 AF-S. I did see cameraworld dropped their prices on the other two lenses I want though.

Thanks Alan, and thank you to everyone else who responded.

Happy New Year

John Encinas
http://www.johnencinas.com

A general, generic topic On the fence... a D1 or a couple AF-S lenses [View all] , johnencinas , Sun 31-Dec-00 03:39 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: On the fence... a D1 or a couple AF-S lenses