Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

On the fence... a D1 or a couple AF-S lenses

bgs

Bratislava, SK
7768 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: On the fence... a D1 or a couple AF-S lenses"

bgs Administrator One of the two c-founders, expert in several areas Awarded for his valuable Nikon product reviews at the Resources Charter Member
Sun 31-Dec-00 08:28 AM

Hi John & Welcome!

I have been playing with the tought of getting a D1 myself (currently using the F5). I have come to the following conclusion:

No, I should rather go for lenses than a digital body which will likely loose a lot of value in the next 2-3 years. And, being a "resolution maniac", I still don't get that resolution out of a D1.

So, my proposal: Go for the AF-S's and wait for the D2

Bo (Nikonian in the Black Forest/Germany)
My profile and My gallery

Bo Stahlbrandt - Founder & Administrator. I am mainly located in Bratislava, Slovakia.
Follow us on Twitter

A general, generic topic On the fence... a D1 or a couple AF-S lenses [View all] , johnencinas , Sun 31-Dec-00 03:39 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: On the fence... a D1 or a couple AF-S lenses